ABSOLUTELY!! I know that in today’s society, it seems as though Allergies are truly not the uncommon but the norm. That’s right, the norm. It is incredible to see the amount of studies conducted lately showing some pretty serious numbers. From the famous nut allergy in children to the substantial growth of the gluten allergy, everyone has to make revisions when it comes to menu’s. Walt Disney World is certainly no exception. They ARE actually THE exception to the rule, they treat allergies with the highest regard. But don’t take MY word for it. Go and see for yourself.
Now, since you have been reading my contributions week after week, I know that you have already sat down at that computer and did some pretty intense investigation. GOOD FOR YOU!! I am happy that I was the one that inspired such a task. You have looked up which Resort you wanted to stay at, you know all the things to pack, you even are thinking of jumping aboard the new Disney Cruise Lines’ ships and ready to hit the open seas. But alas, you have an allergy. Here’s a list of helpful advice for you:
- When booking your reservations for dining at 407-W-DINE after looking through the plethora of absolutely tasty locations, tell the reservations assistant that you HAVE AN ALLERGY!! This is important to start the ball rolling. Let them know, they have been trained for this type of situation, trust me. They are more than delighted to help you.
- When arriving at your restaurant of choice, check in and once sat, PLEASE TELL YOUR SERVER!! There is nothing more frustrating for a server to have your guests FORGET TO MENTION YOU HAVE A SHELLFISH ALLERGY and you wonder up to the buffet in Boma and sit down to a scrumptious plate of food and wonder why your tongue is starting to swell. Listen, Walt Disney takes allergies SO seriously that a server can be REPRIMANDED for NOT including the allergy when inputting your orders. Trust me, I should know, I was also written up for it. I underline the word ALMOST too! Tell them, it is only going to help YOU in the end and we want you to have the best, safest and well…..most MAGICAL vacation ever.
- Once you have told your server, the chef is actually going to come out and speak to you. ( I told you they were serious didn’t I). Once the chef comes to the table, they will introduce themselves and go over the menu with you to explain options you may have and I can certainly tell you from my own personal experiences, they will even go so far as to CREATE your very own dish sometimes to help with your allergy. It is NEVER a BURDEN so please never think of it that way. You may have to wait a little longer for your food to be prepared, but that is just Disney ensuring all the precautions are being made to prepare and serve it in a healthy environment.
- When at a quick service location, you know the ones at the Park’s that are not a sit down experience, they will also have options, JUST ASK!! Prime example- my brothers and I all have Gluten allergies- I mean it DOES run in families right? Anyways, we were at Magic Kingdom last week and we were starving. It was well after 1:30 and we needed something to get us through till dinner and quickly because hey, there was a 3pm parade I HAD to attend. Anyways, we stopped at Cosmic Ray’s. This is a quick service location and we knew all we had to do was ask and someone would speak to us. As I mentioned above, the chef will come out, now normally when your making burgers, there really isn’t a need for a chef so you will normally have a Manager or Leader of some sort visit you. Extremely helpful and in a flash, we ordered grilled chicken sandwich’s on GF buns, they will even do french fries specifically for GF people so not to worry folks.
- Children have special needs and Disney is the first to ALWAYS PUT YOU FIRST!! I know there are always opportunities for bumps along the way but they are committed to making your experiences a magical one. The little ones have options as well. The chefs are actually very excited to come and talk to the little ones. They know that they are intimidating, heck when I first met our chef’s whilst working at Le Cellier in the Canadian Pavilion, I was TERRIFIED of them. They have all become quite close friends actually. They will get down on the kids level, chat with them, ask their names and what exactly they like to eat. Forget the broccoli and turnips, they can create MAGIC.
I hope that you also realize that Disney Cruise Lines has also been included into this mix. For example, my brothers are actually on the Inaugural Disney Fantasy cruise and with their Gluten allergy they are WELL taken care of. I have heard many times of them boarding and finding extra treats extended to them because they couldn’t eat things like chocolate chip cookies or breads. They have had plates of GF brownies stuck inside their cabin as they were out enjoying themselves and have returned to find their little treats. It makes a HUGE impact and I can tell you that I for one have been a several cruises and the servers and cast members have taken special care of me.
Here is a quick story, my brother’s were celebrating with a family that were entirely GF and there was a wedding anniversary during the cruise. It happened to fall on the day at Castaway Cay. What do you do? Stay on the ship because you can’t enjoy BBQ with everyone else? NO WAY!! The cast and chef’s had created a private and very special celebration for everyone. They specifically made everything GF for the entire bunch. Hamburgers and grilled chicken and brownies and everything you could think of for an afternoon BBQ feast.
Worrying about allergies should be the absolute last thing on your mind when you travel. As you have seen, Disney has taken ever avail accommodation to ensure your trip starts and finishes HEALTHY and HAPPY!! So, get going, Go have fun. EAT.
Now, please excuse me again, I have a wee reservation at California Grill with my friend chef Brian as seen above and I think he is going to create something fabulous for us for dinner and I think that we will go outside on the terrace to watch Wishes so I had better get going.